Arts LeadersFuture of Culture

Top 50 Arts Funders: The Next 25

By April 25, 2017 No Comments

Last month’s $2B Arts Funding List gave you the top 25 arts and culture funders, giving 37% of the funds in 2014. But, where did the remaining 63% of the funds come from? Below, we note the next 25 funders of our sector:

26. Paul Getty Trust (CA): $11,808,301

27. Muriel McBrien Kauffman Foundation (MO): $10,105,506

28. Avenir Foundation (CO): $10,075,842

29. David H. Koch Charitable Foundation (KS): $10,000,000

30. Howard Gilman Foundation (NY): $9,635,000

31. Sue and Edgar Wachenheim Foundation (NY): $8,356,000

32. San Angelo Area Foundation (TX): $8,071,453

33. Lannan Foundation (NM): $7,376,775

34. Robert H. Smith Family Foundation (VA): $6,480,554

35. Lloyd Rigler Lawrence E. Deutsch Foundation (CA): $6,144,970

36. Calderwood Charitable Foundation (MA): $5,936,417

37. The Frist Foundation (TN): $5,417,775

38. Monteforte Foundation (MS): $5,413,673

39. Lee and Juliet Folger Fund (VA): $4,945,000

40. SHS Foundation (NY): $4,723,423

41. Goatie Foundation (OH): $3,750,000

42. Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation (NY): $3,112,000

43. Jerome Foundation (MN): $2,841,200

44. Ehrenkranz Family Foundation (NY): $2,577,570

45. The Driehaus Foundation (IL): $1,961,800

46. Leonard and Evelyn Lauder Foundation (MS): $1,436,667

47. Elizabeth Morse Genius Charitable Trust (MS): $1,403,333

48. Ford Motor Company (MI): $1,000,000

49. Alex and Marie Manoogian Foundation (MI): $450,000

50. Gulf Coast Community Foundation (MS): $450,500

SOURCE: Foundation Center, Foundation Grants to Arts and Culture, 2014: A One-Year Snapshot, by Reina Mukai

By Emma Dunch, President